Local energy companies can have a big impact on the environment. At Self Heating & Cooling we’re proud of the steps we’ve taken and want to share them with you.
Here are 5 ways:
- Offering Alternative Fuel Options: Alternative fuels, such as Bioheat® and biodiesel fuel benefits the environment. Bioheating oil with low sulfur oil reduces emissions, improves air quality, burns cleaner, and increases your heating system’s efficiency. Others offer solar panels, electricity, propane & autogas and CNG as alternative home and vehicle fuel options.
- Offering Energy Saving Tips: Energy companies often have a section on their website where their customers can find tips on how to save energy. Implementing these tips can help you save money and the environment by living more sustainably. Some of these tips include changing your air filter, getting a tune-up annually on your equipment, and many more.
- Offering Paperless Billing: Paperless billing and autopay options help the environment by saving paper from envelopes, invoices and paper reminders rather that are processed and sent electronically.
- Updating Systems: Updating heating and air conditioning systems to newer, more sustainable models saves energy. Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) is a measure of a furnace’s heating efficiency. The higher the AFUE percentage, the more efficient the product. EnergyStar rating are another way to know if the product is efficient. By saving energy you’ll also save money in the long run with reduced energy bills.
- Efficient Delivery Routes: Fuel companies use routing software to ensure the most efficient delivery route possible for their stops for the day – this saves energy and ensures their customers get the best service possible. When fuel companies have more automatic deliveries they can most effectively schedule their routes, and is one of the reasons they encourage customers to be on automatic delivery or if they are on will call or wait a few days to be as efficient and effective as possible.
These are just a few of the ways energy companies are helping the environment, ask your local energy company what they are doing to help!